What positive changes can you make this year, for yourself and others? Here’s my Top 10 recommendations:
- Eat lower on the food chain: choose whole grains, legumes, fruits, vegetables. Eat your colors!
- Plan a green vacation: make the conscious choice not to support tour companies, amusement parks or Resorts that hold wild animals in captivity for entertainment purposes.
- Adopting a pet? Choose to adopt one from a shelter: do not buy from breeders or pet stores who buy bred animals.
- Buy local: visit your local farmer’s market; buy gifts and household items from local artisans and companies
- Find a new worthy cause to support: make a donation, give an in-kind gift or volunteer your time
- Stop using plastic water bottles. Buy a stainless steel reusable bottle and carry it with you always.
- Pick up trash, even if it’s not yours.
- Appreciate what you have…and try to live on less. Understand you probably have way more than most people in the world.
- Find happiness, peace and love within yourself…and then give it away, unconditionally.
- Take the time each week to learn a little something more about why the above 9 recommendations are so important – for your life, other lives and our beautiful world.
If these recommendations interest you and you want to learn more, please check out my Amazon.com bookstore and purchase one of my two books on living intentionally: